Approximately 18,000 people suffer spinal cord injuries each year in the U.S., inflicting damage ranging from chronic pain and temporary disability to paraplegia or quadriplegia. Many of these injuries are the tragic result of another person’s negligence.
Seriously injured people deserve serious legal representation from lawyers who will fight against insurance companies and negligent parties to recover full and fair compensation for catastrophic injuries. That’s the kind of representation we offer at Broadway Law Firm. Our Los Angeles attorneys have successfully represented numerous spinal injury victims throughout Southern California. We have decades of experience in handling such catastrophic injury [link to new Catastrophic Injury page] cases, so you can be confident in our ability to protect your rights.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injury
According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, the most common causes of spinal damage are:
- Motor vehicle crashes (38.6 percent)
- Falls (32.3 percent)
- Acts of violence/assault (14 percent)
- Sports and recreation activities (7.8 percent)
- Medical malpractice/surgical errors (4.2 percent)
- Other (3.2 percent)
Our Holistic Approach to Spinal Injury Cases
As Los Angeles personal injury lawyers, we know that every spinal cord injury case is unique. There are different legal issues, damages, defendants and liability issues to sort through. But spinal cord cases are also unique in that it is very likely that the victim’s life will be forever altered. As a result, as important as it is to win the case and recover compensation, it is equally important to explain why that compensation is so needed.
At Broadway Law, we investigate the case in-depth so we can describe your needs to a jury. We work tirelessly to explain every facet of your situation, including:
- The cause of your spinal injury – Our attorneys handle neck and spinal damage cases stemming from car accidents, truck wrecks, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, construction site accidents, defective products and virtually all other causes.
- Paralysis – We have represented clients with all types of paralysis [link to new Paralysis page]. We will compassionately and forcefully impress on the jury that you may need a lifetime of medical care, special healthcare equipment, wheelchairs, in-home caretaking and other expenses due to your injury.
- Spinal rehabilitation – Unfortunately, spinal tissue cannot grow back once damaged. Even so, rehab can be useful. Through rehabilitation you may be able to learn how to complete daily tasks and regain independence within the confines of your condition. We’ll explain to the jury how costly such rehab can be.
- Life care planning – These plans help calculate the expenses a spinal injury victim may incur in coming years. They also help put the client’s pain and suffering into concrete terms. A life care plan might include a detailed explanation of the injury, it’s physical and emotional impact, a list of devices and equipment you may need from now on, a list of modifications needed for your home or car, medication, and more.
- Vocational rehabilitation – If you are able to return to work in some capacity, vocational training can help you overcome obstacles and develop new skills to help you earn a living.
Speak With a Southern California Spinal Injury Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s conduct, call the Los Angeles attorneys of Broadway Law Firm for help. Reach us at 213.354.7129 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation.
This post is also available in: Español